As many of you know, the campus is undergoing significant changes due to the construction of the Flint Cultural Center Academy on the north side of the campus.
We acknowledge that this exciting project may cause some inconvenience for our patrons. To help you navigate more easily we would like to alert you to the following:
- There is still adequate parking available but access points to the parking lot are temporarily restricted and may cause back-ups.
- There are multiple other activities taking place on campus that evening so other organizations' parking lots will be in use as well.
- If you wish to park behind the Flint Institute of Music, you may do so and then walk to The Whiting. Please proceed to Kearsley St. by walking along the FIM to the sidewalk. This is a better lit and more level route to take rather than attempting to go behind Sloan Museum as that path has been eliminated.
- To avoid congestion, only patrons who plan to valet, need handicap access or have a reserved parking pass should enter from Kearsley Street and proceed to the drop off valet lane entrance in front of Whiting.
- All other patrons should enter from Robert T. Longway and proceed to the Walnut St. entrance.
- Please provide additional time to allow for potential back-ups and congestion.
We appreciate your understanding during this growing time and look forward to sharing an exciting evening that opens Maestro Enrique Diemecke's 30th season with the Flint Symphony Orchestra!